This page will be updated as soon as new information becomes available or circumstances change. As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out via phone (250 305 9188) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How office operations have changed:
As of Tuesday May 19th, the office is again open to in-person appointments. But in order to meet re-opening requirements and to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19, there have been some changes to how the office operates:
- The office is open by appointment only. Please, no walk-ins. Appointments can be booked online or by phone (250 305 9188) or email (email@example.com)
- Both in-person and virtual appointments are available at both office locations. Virtual visits are done using either a secure videoconferencing portal or over the telephone (your choice which).
- Supplement and special order pick-ups can be booked for either in-office pick up or curbside delivery. If you are self-isolating or are under quarantine, alternate arrangements may be possible to get your order to you.
- Appointment times are now spaced out, with at least 15 to 30 minutes between to allow for adequate cleaning of the office and to reduce the number of people interacting in the waiting room.
- Both offices have been re-arranged to ensure physical distancing of 6′ (or more) can be maintained at all times.
- High-touch items have been removed and replaced whenever possible with disposable or single-use items.
- The office is being cleaned daily and between appointments in accordance with BC CDC guidelines “Environmental Cleaning and Disinfectants for Physicians’ Offices“
Here’s what to expect before your appointment:
- All in-office visitors are being screened for COVID-19 and related symptoms. After booking an in-person appointment, you will be emailed a COVID-19 screening questionnaire to complete prior to your scheduled appointment time. This is so Dr Katie can review the information provided to ensure that it is safe for you to come to the office.
- If there are any concerns, you may be requested to re-schedule an in-person appointment to a later date, or switch from an in-person to a virtual appointment if possible.
- If you become ill or develop cold or flu-like symptoms (cough, fever/chills, etc) prior to your in-person appointment, please contact Dr Katie by email or phone to reschedule your appointment; please do not come to the office.
Here’s what to expect when you arrive at the office:
- The office door will be unlocked 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please wait outside the office building or in your vehicle until the time of your appointment.
- Upon entering the office a COVID-19 screening questionnaire will be again reviewed with you, to ensure you’re not experiencing any COVID-19-related symptoms and do not have any risk factors for infection. If Dr Katie has any concerns you will be asked to re-schedule your appointment.
- Please do not wear gloves into the office; you will be asked to remove them. If you would like to wear gloves, Dr Katie can provide you with a clean pair (but this is not required).
- Before entering the treatment room, you will be requested to either wash or sanitize your hands using the sink and soap or hand sanitizer provided.
- There are physical distancing markers on the floor; please respect these boundaries.
- You do not need to wear a mask to enter the office; you can if you wish, but do not have to. However, you will be requested to wear a mask if physical distancing cannot be maintained, such as for a blood draw or physical exam, ex blood pressure or pulse check.
- If you have a mask of your own (be it home-made or a surgical / procedural mask) you may wear it; if you do not have one, a disposable surgical/procedural mask will be provided to you at cost ($1) or you can purchase a reusable mask from a local mask-maker for future use.
Finally, Dr Katie (nor anyone, really) cannot guarantee your visit is free from COVID-19 exposure risk. We’re doing our best to ensure the office is clean and protective procedures are in place and are followed. But we cannot guarantee that exposure may not unknowingly occur.
Thank you for your patience and co-operation with these precautions; they are in place for everyone’s safety. If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out.
The situation is rapidly evolving; I will attempt to provide the most up-to-date info on this page. However please always refer to regional, provincial and national agencies for the most accurate information and resources.
- World-wide information: