What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic Medicine is an approach to health and wellness that aims to treat the underlying cause of disease; it is the art and science of supporting the natural healing processes by holistically promoting health and well being. It is the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of physical, mental and emotional conditions; and it is the promotion of well-being using therapeutics that support or enhance a person’s overall health.
What can Dr Katie help you with?
While Naturopathic Medicine can be helpful in treating or managing just about any health concern, it can be particularly beneficial for…
- Disease prevention and/or health promotion
- Assessing and addressing symptoms of unknown origin
- Treating ongoing or chronic health conditions
- Combining conventional and naturopathic treatment options with the goal of improving outcomes and/or reducing side effects
- Optimizing supplement regimens and checking for supplement-medication-condition interactions
Is there a cost?
Yes. Unfortunately, Naturopathic Medicine are not covered by Alberta Health Services. However, many extended benefit plans provide at least partial coverage for Naturopathic visit and lab fees. Direct billing to most insurance plans is possible, thus reducing your out-of-pocket costs. But if you don’t have an extended benefit plan or direct billing at time of service is not an option, here’s what to expect:
- Meet & Greet: Complementary 15 minute session to determine if Dr Katie’s approach is a good fit for your health care needs (note, no treatment suggestions or advice will be provided at this time)
- Initial Visit: $145 and takes about 1 hour (60 minutes)
- Return Visit: $100 and are usually 45 minutes long. Visit fee is adjusted by time ($135 for 60 minute return visit, $70 for 30 minute return visit)
- Lab fees are variable and depend upon many factors. If you and Dr Katie decide to do lab testing, all lab costs and fees will be reviewed so you know what to expect.